As outlined by Alberta Education
Quality leadership occurs when the leader’s ongoing analysis of the context, and decisions about what leadership knowledge and abilities to apply, result in quality teaching and optimum learning for all school students.
The Leadership Dimensions are:
- Fostering Effective Relationships
- Modeling Commitment to Professional Learning
- Embodying Visionary Leadership
- Leading a Learning Community
- Supporting the Application of Foundational Knowledge of First Nation, Metis & Inuit
- Providing Instructional Leadership
- Developing Leadership Capacity
- Managing School Operations & Resources
- Understanding & Responding to the Larger Societal Context
I plan to add reflections or evidence under each dimension descriptor…it’s a work in progress!